Current Status in Establishing Exchange:
Declared State-based Exchange.
Regular legislative process.
· In September of 2010 a grant of $1 million was granted to the Connecticut State Office of Policy Management from the federal Exchange planning.
State received a federal Level One Establishment grand of $6.7 million in August of 2011. Connecticut is also a member of the consortium of New England States that have received a federal Early Innovator Grant of $36 million in order to develop, share, and leverage insurance exchange technology. The grant holder is the University of Massachusetts Medical School. In August of 2012 the Exchange was awarded a Level Two Establishment grant for %107.3 million to fund Exchange development through December 2014.
· HMO Plan
· EHB Benchmark Plan: ConnectiCare HMO (preliminary recommendation)
· Pediatric Dental Supplemental Plan: CHIP (Husky B) Dental Benefits
· Pediatric Vision Supplemental Plan: FEDVIP Vision Plan (BCBS Vision Care) (preliminary recommendation)
- Beginning in March 2012, advisory committees have assisted in Exchange policy development and evaluation of health plan benefits and qualifications, consumer experience and outreach, and other areas.
- 14 member board governs the exchange. Current appointed Board members are:
o Nancy Wyman (Chair), Lieutenant Governor
o Mary Fox, formerly with Aetna Product Group
o Robert Scalettar, MD, formerly with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
o Michael Devine, Earth Energy Alliance
o Bob Tessier, Connecticut Coalition of Taft Hartley Health Funds
o Cecilia Woods, Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
o Mickey Herbert, formerly with ConnectiCare
o Grant Ritter, Schneider Institute for Health Policy at Brandeis University
For More Information: