Current Status in Establishing Exchange:
Declared State-based Exchange.
Executive Order, Operated by State.
- A federal Exchange Planning grant of $1 million was given to the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ Office of Health Policy in September 2010.
- In August the same agency was awarded a $7.7 million federal Level One Establishment grant to fund IT systems.
- The agency was awarded a $57.8 million grant in February 2012 to continue planning and building the requisite IT systems which will provide integrated eligibility and enrollment with the Medicaid program. A third Level One grant of $4.4 million was given to Kentucky in September 2012 to support the development of a Navigator program and assess access to health care services.
· Small Group Plan
· EHB Benchmark Plan: Kaiser Ded/Co HMO1200D (preliminary recommendation)
· Pediatric Dental Supplemental Plan: Colorado’s Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- Assessed benchmark plan options, held a public comment period on implementation of the state-based exchange, formed a workgroup on essential health benefits.
- The Exchange Advisory Board was originally 11 members but was quickly changed to a 19-member board. 16 of the 19 Board members are:
o Deborah Moessner, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
o Jeff Bringardner, Humana
o Carl Felix, Bluegrass Family Health
o Marcus Woodward, Woodward & Associates
o Connie Hauser, P.T. Pros Inc
o John Thompson, Lee & Lee P.S.C.
o Dr. Michael Huang, Kentucky Clinic South
o Ruth Brinkley, KentuckyOne Health
o Julie Paxton, Mountain Comprehensive Care Center
o Ed Erway, University of Kentucky Healthcare
o Donna Ghobadi, Central Baptist Hospital
o Joe Ellis, Eye Care Associates of Kentucky
o Gabriela Alcalde, Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky
o David Allgood, Center for Accessible Living
o Andrea Bennett, Kentucky Youth Advocates
o Tihisha Rawlins, AARP
For More Information: