Current Status in Establishing Exchange:
Declared State-based Exchange (called Avenue H), waiting for approval of some partnership aspects.
Regular legislative process.
· The Governors Office of Economic Development was awarded a $1 million federal Exchange Planning grant, in September 2010.
· State Employee Plan
· EHB Benchmark Plan: Utah Basic Plus State Employee Plan
- Health care reform was a top priority for Governor Jon Huntsman and progress toward ACA reform was continued by his successor, Gary Herbert.
- Utah has received conditional approval on its state-based exchange, but is awaiting approval from HHS on its request to run the SHOP exchange while allowing the federal government to be responsible for establishing and operating the individual exchange.
- Current Executive Steering Committee members are:
o Greg Bell (Co-Chair), Lt. Governor
o Greg Poulsen (Co-Chair), Intermountain Healthcare
o Richard Broadbent, Utah Association of Health Underwriters
o Marc Bennett, HealthInsight
o Rich McKeown, Salt Lake Chamber’s Health Committee & Leavitt Partners
o Gordon Crabtree, University of Utah
o Pam Gold, United HealthCare
o Pat Richards, SelectHealth
o Jennifer Cannaday, Regence BlueCross/BlueShield
o Howard Headlee, Consumer Group participating on the Exchange, Governor’s staff
o Neal Gooch, Insurance Department
o David Patton, Department of Health
o Mark VanOrden, Department of Technology Services
o Spencer Eccles, Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Current Risk Adjuster Board members are:
o Jim Pinkerton (Chair), Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah
o John Borer, Public Employees’ Benefit and Insurance Program
o Dave Jackson, First West Benefit Solutions
o Mark Brown, SelectHealth
o Curt Howell, Humana Insurance Company
o Kim Miller, United Health Care
o Norman Thurston, Office of Consumer Health Services
o Tomasz Serbinowski, Utah Insurance Department
For More Information: